Sunday, December 15, 2013

Card of the Day - 2001 SP : Darren Dreifort Chirography Autograph

Trolling around on eBay for cheap, older autograph cards of former Dodgers and this one popped up on my radar. Darren will go down as one of the biggest disappointments in draft history for the Dodgers. The one thing I can respect him for though is even though he was often injured he always tried to come back and contribute to the team. Thanks for trying Darren.

Anyways, I had not acquired an autograph of Darren yet as he was not a priority and to be quite honest I forgot about looking for him on eBay. Ran a generic search for Dodger autographs and this card came up. Buyer had it as an auction with an asking starting price of $5. That is my cap for any non-star, non limited, non special etc card so if I could pick it up at that price, great, and if not I would pass. Not a single bid on it when the final day rolled around and close to the end of the auction I put my bid in for $5 and won it for that amount. Nothing special about the card particularly but a great looking signature by Darren. A nice addition to the collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment