Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Signed Ball of the Day : Alex Castellanos ( ROMLB Sweet Spot )

Alex has not played much for the big league Dodgers as he has spent most of his career in the minor leagues. He is already 27 years old and only received a handful of at bats this year. The Dodgers acquired him back in 2011 when they traded Rafael Furcal to the Cardinals and received Alex in return. Not much was expected from Alex and nothing much has happened. He was DFA'ed by the Dodgers and traded to the Red Sox but since then they have also DFA'ed him so it is possible that Alex might make it back to the Dodgers once again.

I have never been able to acquire his autograph at the stadium though he was never high on my list but I still wanted the autograph due to him being a Dodger. One day I was on eBay and saw this PSA authenticated baseball for $20. Now to me that was probably a tad much for an Alex autograph but I wouldn't have to use a ball out of my inventory and the signature was already authenticated so I didn't have to worry about it being real or not. I pulled the trigger and bought the ball and had it in my hands within the week. Glad to add another Dodger to the collection. Big name or small fry they all wear the blue and I support them all.



No comments:

Post a Comment