Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Card of the Day - 2013 Topps Tier One : Bill Buckner Crowd Pleaser Insert Autograph ( 107 / 299 )

When most people think of Bill Buckner they remember the infamous play that he was a part of back in the 1986 World Series that is still talked about to this day. For the most part he has moved on from this and with Boston winning a few of World Series since then the hatred has mellowed there too. But most people forget that Bill was a Dodger long before that play. I have been looking to acquire his autograph for some time and finally have done so.

I am still on the lookout for a signed baseball of Bill but until I can find one of good quality and at a reasonable price I turned my attention to an on card for my autograph fix. Problem was that I never could find him depicted in Dodger blue. That is until this set came out. This is my first Tier One card that I have acquired and what a way to start. The autograph is on card and not the sticker variety. A plus in my eyes. With the card being numbered out of 299 that put a bulls eye on it for collectors. I lost numerous auctions as I was not willing to pay over $10 for it as every single auction I was involved in ended at. After a few weeks of futility I finally was able to lock this particular one down for less than $7. Card came in a week later and looks better in person than on the computer screen. Just love these old timey pictures of Dodgers. Couldn't be happier.


Simple but classic design. 107 of 299

No comments:

Post a Comment