Thursday, December 19, 2013

Card(s) of the Day - 2013 Topps Chrome : Yasiel Puig Base x2, Hyun-Jin Ryu Base and Refractor

Not very often but sometimes I go across the pond to Asia to pick up some cards and this nice little group of 4 from this years Topps Chrome set were acquired for a nice small price.

I love all things chrome and wanted to pick up some Dodgers. I had noticed that Puig's cards were closing anywhere between $5 to $10 and thought that was high for a base card. Found this auction that had 2 base cards of Mr. Puig and also had the base card of Ryu and its refractor variant. Always planned to get those as well sometime down the line but what better way than to kill more than one bird at a time. With the seller in Asia the auction didn't see much action which worked in my favor. In the end I won the lot for a nice tidy total of just $12.50. That comes out to only $3.12 per card. A steal in my eyes. Had to wait a couple weeks due to the distance but when they arrived the cards were in perfect condition. For sure, a great buy.

One of the Puig's is up for trade if anyone is interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment