Sunday, December 29, 2013

Card of the Day - 2013 Finest : Zack Greinke 1993 Retro Insert

Its throwback time. Back in the 90's I loved the 1993 Finest set. I remember the ridiculous pack price and the choice of whether to take off the protective plastic that was on each card or leave it there but have wording on said plastic which obstructed the picture on the card. It was a pricey set and I only ended up buying a few packs as I didn't have deep enough pockets to pursue the set. For the 20th anniversary Topps has put together an insert set in this year's Finest set with current players featured on the 1993 design. I knew I had to get them and this is the first one I was able to get my hands on.

Zack did well in his first season with the Dodgers and with the late year releases there are more cards to chose from of him in Dodger blue. Saw him on the checklist for this insert set and went on eBay to see what the asking price was. Most were north of $5 which seems high to me but a seller had this one for just $3. I now have the first of the 1993 Finest Dodger retros. More Dodgers to come in the future.


Zack in 90's form.

2 comments:

  1. Love this insert. Didn't realize Zack was in the set. I will be checking eBay now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favorite of the year.
      Big Dodger class
      Hanley
      Zack
      Clayton
      Kemp
      Puig
      Ryu
      Got them all
      = )

      Delete