Wednesday, May 28, 2014

5 Cards Submitted To Beckett Grading Submissions (BGS) At Frank and Sons On May 24, 2014

As stated yesterday in my Frank and Sons purchase post I swung by there on my way to the Bernie Nicholls signing at Dr. Lui's office I decided to submit 5 cards for grading by BGS. I have/had a stack of over 10 cards that I was going to hold onto until Beckett held another raw grading event at South Bay Sportscards later in the year. Well since I was in the area and I have to go back in 2 weeks to pick up my glasses at Dr. Liu's I thought why not submit the 5 cards that I was pretty sure and/or really wanted graded. Well here are the 5 that I dropped off from the least optimistic to the pretty damn sure it will grade out to a gem mint.


Yu Darvish autograph from the 2012 Allen and Ginter set. The autograph is crisp and centering looks great. My worries are the corners which I think will get a 9 and the surface. Hoping for a 9.5 but would not be surprised at 9. Crossing my fingers here.


Corey Seager autograph from 2013 Bowman Inception which is numbered to 25. The main worry for this card is the autograph as it seems to separate just a tad which I hope won't be docked too bad. The corners are always a concern but I think everything else will compensate for a possible 9 on those.


Frank Thomas autograph from 2013 Topps Five Star. I wanted this one graded due to the fact that it is a low numbered card from a premium brand of a new inductee to the Hall of Fame. Everything looks great but as with my past Koufax from Five Star I am always worried about corners but I am pretty confident as I was with Koufax that this one will be fine.


The second to last one is Bryce Harper from the 2011 Bowman Chrome set. He is second only because he is not a Dodger and the first one is. I think both will grade out to a gem mint with my only really worries on this one is that the centering may be just a tad off. Other than that, everything is clear and crisp.


And the final submission is Hyun-Jin Ryu from the 2013 Bowman Chrome set in it's blue parallel form. I acquired this at a massive deal and once it arrived I looked at it and said, hello future gem mint autograph rookie card. I personally don't see anything wrong with this card but again I am not a "professional".

So those are the 5 cards I submitted and I expect at least 4 of them to come back gem mint with an outside chance of all 5 coming back that way. With the drop off on the 24th I should have the results by June 6th with pick up being the next day. Hopefully June will start off well as I will post the results one by one starting on the 9th. Wish me luck everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment