Thursday, May 22, 2014

Card of the Day - 2014 Bowman : Julio Urias Base Chrome Blue Refractor Parallel ( 203 / 250 )


Still working on all my set needs for the Bowman set and Urias is the big Dodger to acquire. Within the set all the rookies have chrome parallels and within that they have color parallels with blue being one of them. I only collect the blue ones (unless I somehow acquire black ones at a ridiculously low price) so a blue Urias was on the top of my list.

Right out the gate these were closing on the bay for over $25 which was too much for me. With 250 copies I was sure I would get my hands on one somewhere down the line. One other thing I have noticed is that the chromes seem to be off centered a tad. Maybe its just the ones I have been eyeballing but for Urias I was going to be overly picky.

This particular one showed up one day on a BIN auction and saw that it was well centered so I didn't hesitate and bought it and shortly there after I had it in my hands. Card looks to be in excellent condition and if and when he ever makes it big I will probably go and have it graded.

One blue down, many more to go.


Two Zero Three of Two Five Zero

No comments:

Post a Comment