Sunday, May 25, 2014

Card of the Day - 2014 Topps Museum : Mike Trout Base Blue Parallel ( 8 / 99 )


Getting ever so close to acquiring all my needs from this year's Museum set and Trout is the only one left but I need(ed) both the base card and its blue parallel. Considering the limited number of blue (99) and the high book price I assumed that I would pick up the base before this one. Nope, I was wrong.

Book value is set at $30 for this card and I lost out on multiple auctions with the closing price ending north of $18-22. Was never going to pay that much but the base card also was steady at $5 which was too rich for my blood as well. I still am waiting to get my hands on the base but yet another blue came up for sale on eBay and once again I was in the mix for it. For some reason there was not a lot of action on this particular card and I ended up winning it for single digits!

Over 66% off for a numbered Trout card? Yes, please and thank you. With this in the fold now I only have the base card left. Think I need to swing over to Frank and Sons to scrounge the tables.


Eight of Ninety-Nine

No comments:

Post a Comment