Wednesday, June 11, 2014

BGS Submission Update Three - 2012 Bowman Chrome : Bryce Harper Base Autograph Now Graded and Slabbed a Gem Mint 9.5


Reaching the mid way point for the week on the submission posts and considering this is the "worst" of the remaining three then it helps me swallow the bitter bill of the Yu grade from Monday.

Even with Bryce hurting right now I think he will have a great career and I wanted a Bowman Chrome autograph rookie card of his in my collection. I first went out and searched for an already slabbed BGS 9.5 on eBay but could not find one at a cost to my liking. As recent as a couple weeks ago closed sales have been from $350 to $420+. I decided to go a different route and hustle to find an ungraded one that I believed would grade out to a gem mint. Had to inspect it closely on the computer screen and ask sellers certain questions. Found this one and when it came in I believed it would grade out to a gem mint 9.5 and now I can officially say it will and did as I now have it back in my hands with that grade.

Unlike Corey's and Yu's grade there is no stinking 9 grade for the autograph. I expected and received a 10 on the autograph. I didn't see anything really wrong with the card when I submitted it except that it might be ever so slightly off centered but all the sub grades came back 9.5 with the exception of surface which received a 9. No worries as the 3 9.5's offset that 1 9.0. I now have my own gem mint Bowman Chrome Bryce and paid nowhere near the $350-$420 that I had seen recently on the bay.



No comments:

Post a Comment