Thursday, June 5, 2014

Card of the Day - 2006 / 07 Parkhurst : Kelly Hrudey Base Autograph


Before Jonathan Quick there was Kelly Hrrrrrrrrudey.

Before this year's and the 2011-12 Cup run the only time the Kings made the finals was back in 92-93 and Kelly was the man between the pipes. The team went on an incredible run but fell short by two games against the Montreal Canadians. Well with my new project of acquiring any and all signatures of players that wore the black and silver Kelly is the first one I was able to get my hands on in card form.

I fondly remember the Parkhurst brand back in the day but I focused more on baseball back then and only occasionally picked up Hockey cards. I bought a few packs of Parkhurst but never scored an autograph so when I saw this on card of Kelly for a low cost I wanted to acquire it.

Seller originally had this up for $10 so I put it on my watch list to see where the price would go. One day he dropped it to $8 and some change and added the best offer option. Decided to send him an offer of a little more than $4 and see what kind of response I would get. He accepted with no counter. Nice. I was now a proud owner of my first Parkhurst autograph. Thank you for the 92-93 memories Kelly. Go Kings Go !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment