Saturday, June 14, 2014

Card(s) of the Day - 2013 Bowman Sterling : Julio Urias Base Autographs

I am getting old.

I never thought I would be trying over and over to acquire an autograph of a 17 year old.
And here I am now the proud owner of not one but two of Julio Urias.

Julio has gone from unknown to a Top 50/100 prospect in baseball. He is so new that he was only featured in one product prior to this year's Bowman set and it was only in autograph form. I had no intention of acquiring cards from the Bowman Sterling set but when I found out Julio would be included I had to get my hands on his cards. Easier said than done.

I lost out on at least 10 auctions as I just wouldn't pull the trigger on what I perceived as high priced for a base card. Book has the value at $40. It had to be reasonable. The right auction never came so I changed my mindset and went after a 2 card auction as they were plenty of them to chose from. Only lost out on one auction before I won these two in another.

Not sure what I will doing with the other as I only need one. Trade, sell, hold on, we shall see.


Duo Julio

No comments:

Post a Comment