Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Card of the Day - 2014 Bowman : Jacob Scavuzzo Base Chrome Black Refractor Autograph Parallel ( 97 / 99 )


Blue
Give me blue
Still searching for blue
Damn, lost out on another blue
Rinse and repeat

That basically sums up my quest to acquire the blue autograph parallel of Jacob. I still haven't gotten my hands on it and then one day I remembered that there is a black parallel. I love black parallels but they are always more limited ( 150 blue copies compared to 99 black ones ) and usually cost more. Usually.

I was so concentrated on blue I never looked at black. I have lost out on all the blue auctions as they all closed close to or over $30 with even a couple touching $40+. Yikes! The only one that went for less than $20 was one that I forgot to put on my watch list. D'oh

Well I found this black copy with a starting bid of 99 cents and put it on the watch list thinking I was just curious to see what it closes at. Never felt I would be in on it. Well with 15 minutes left the high bid was hovering around $10. Interesting. I know its not fully centered ( its probably 60/40) but still, everything else checked out fine. I put my token bid in and low and behold I won the card for under $18. Well, well, well.

I still may not have my blue Scavuzzo but I did snatch up a black Scavuzzo at a great price. Now back to my blue hunt.


Nine Seven
of
Nine Nine

No comments:

Post a Comment