Friday, June 13, 2014

Card of the Day - 2013 Topps Chrome : Clayton Kershaw Photo Variation

With the two 2014 Topps variations of Kershaw now in hand I looked back to the 2013 Topps Chrome set to see if I could finally acquire the photo variation in that set.

Book value has this set at $40 which is the reason why I never picked it up earlier as I had my limit and each auction, while not many, always exceeded that limit.

Well another copy came up for sale and as always I put it on my watch list and hoped this would be the time I could win it. God smiled and said sure, you can have it now. A lot lower than I thought I would have to fork over and in a week I had this great looking card. Since Clayton is a pitcher most of his cards are depicting him doing just that so when a hitting card comes up it is unique and breaks up the same old routine of pitching pictures. To top it off this one is a short print so I couldn't be happier.



No comments:

Post a Comment