Sunday, June 29, 2014

Card of the Day - 2013 Topps Five Star : Mike Trout Base ( 40 / 75 )


40 / 75

Rrrrr...
I love this picture of Mike. Reminds me of the Hulk. Most of the Topps cards have been using the same picture and not saying they haven't used this one but I myself have not seen it. Great intensity from the 22 year old.


I have been searching high and low for this card for months. Due to the general demand of Trout cards and the fact that this card is limited to just 75 copies it hasn't come up for sale many times on eBay. I had to be patient but I wanted to lock this in before too long and he goes on a tear and this card becomes too much for me to acquire. Thankfully a seller had this on a BIN auction and he was receptive to working with me and after a few offers back and forth we finally agreed on a price that worked for the both of us.

Card came in and looks great. Didn't take it out of its sleeve as it looks good enough to be graded which I probably will do. With Trout in hand the only card left for my PC needs of the Five Star brand is Koufax. He has been even more elusive than Trout.

1 comment: