Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Card of the Day - 2014 Bowman : Yasiel Puig Base Blue Parallel ( 165 / 500 )


Patience and staying up way past my bed time scored me this much needed blue parallel of Yasiel.

I had lost out on numerous auctions and like usual that was due to the fact that the prices were inflated since it comes from a recently released set. I knew sooner or later I would be able to get my hands on it but the sooner the better so I can move onto more set needs.

This card was on my watch list but the auction ended a little after 2.... in the morning. Yeah, wasn't planning to stay up that late to put in a last minute bid for a card. The best I thought I would do is put in a bid before I went to bed and hope for the best. That tactic usually does not net me the card. As fate would have it I actually was up at that time and remembered that card's auction was due to end early in the morning. Brought up the auction and saw that the high bid was $1.25. Still very reasonable so I knew I would be active in this auction. With a few seconds left and tired eyes looking onto a screen I put my bid in and won it for $3.07 delivered. Not too shabby. A nice win in the middle of the night.


One Six Five of Five Zero Zero

No comments:

Post a Comment