Saturday, June 28, 2014

Card of the Day - 2013 Topps Finest : Mike Trout 1993 Retro Insert

Two projects done with the purchase of this one card.

Once again, these 93 retro inserts were my favorite insert of 2013 as they come from one of my favorite sets of all time. Obviously I needed all the Dodgers and one Mike Trout. The Dodgers were all acquired but Trout was still elusive for me. Considering this is from the Finest set which I was collecting all the Dodgers from and have finished that project I was down to one card left in general and it just happened to be this one. So I would be completing an insert set and then also the Finest set ( or least the ones I wanted ) when I got my hands on this card. Finally the search was over.

This card has yo-yo'ed on eBay from $35-$75 and every time it was on the low end I somehow missed out on it. There was no way I was going to pay $75 when book is $50. A BIN auction popped up one day and like usual there was a best offer option attached to it. Back and forth I went with the seller till we both agreed on a price. Card came in and if I decide to grade it I think it will be a gem mint but I can tell that it is slightly off centered on top. Maybe a 9 there and 9.5 everywhere else. No matter though I am glad that I finally have this to add to my collection. Great looking card.


No comments:

Post a Comment