Friday, July 4, 2014

BGS Submission Update Five - 2014 Bowman : Julio Urias Base Chrome Black Parallel ( 48 / 99 ) Now Graded and Slabbed a Gem Mint 9.5


It's Friday and we come to the final entry of the week pertaining to my recent BGS submissions. Of course it is of a Dodger and the youngest "big" prospect in their system.

The sky is the limit for this young man as he just turned 17 and there are some experts thinking he might crack the big leagues at age 18. I personally think 19 or 20 is more realistic but you just never know. I had acquired his signature via trade with Greg of plaschkethysweaterisargyle and also in person a few weeks ago in Lancaster as recapped HERE . Great stuff but now I wanted a nice gem mint card of the young man.

I wanted the card to be a limited and numbered one and what better one than a black one numbered to 99 from my favorite set, Bowman Chrome. I will hopefully submit an autograph card of his in the future ( more on that one within the month ) and I could couple it with this one. I had envisioned that this and the blue Puig from Monday had an outside chance of earning a pristine 10 which would have been firsts for my collection. Well, we know what happened with the disappointing Puig but Urias did come back a gem mint 9.5. Didn't get that 10 but at least I now own my first gem mint card of Julio.

If and when Julio has a great career this card will be one of the ones to chase in the non autograph arena. 99 copies and I know for a fact they can't all grade out to a 9.5 as I have seen numerous ones on eBay that are off centered or have rounded corners. The only thing that hurt my copy was the surface as it only earned a 9.0.

So that finishes off another week of BGS submissions. Started off really disappointing but ended up on a good note.





No comments:

Post a Comment