Wednesday, July 23, 2014

BGS Submission Update Four - 2013 Finest : Mike Trout 1993 Retro Insert Now Graded and Slabbed a Gem Mint 9.5


Onto the second half of my recent BGS submission batch and the first of two back to back Trout cards.

I already own two BGS 9.5 Trout cards but I just love these two (other one tomorrow) cards of the Angels superstar. As I've stated many of times before the 1993 Finest set is one of my all-time favorite sets and when Topps decided to do a retro insert based on it in last year's Finest brand I was all over it.

When I purchased this card I knew somewhere down the road I would have it graded as I believed it would earn a gem mint grade. I was worried about the centering on the card but that came back a 9.5. The only sub grade that received a 9 was the corners but with that being the only one of the four the card still received an overall grade of 9.5. Minimal investment potential with this card but that was not the purpose with this card.

One Trout down, one to go.




No comments:

Post a Comment