Friday, July 25, 2014

BGS Submission Update Six - 2013 Topps Chrome : Clayton Kershaw Short Print Photo Variation Now Graded and Slabbed a Gem Mint 9.5


And once again we have reached the end of the week which means the final entry of my most recent BGS submission batch.

As per the norm the last entry is always a Dodger and always gem mint. I've had Ryu and Koufax spotlighted before as a last entry and once again we have a pitcher as Kershaw is the topic of today's post.

I have always loved this card as Kershaw is a dominant pitcher and 99% of his cards show him at his best doing his craft. This one though shows him after doing something on the offensive side of the ball. The card comes from the 2013 Topps Chrome series and is the short print photo variation. I just had to have this card and when I saw it online. I thought it would grade out nicely if I ever decided to go that route.

The card wasn't a priority as a few batches came and went and I didn't include this card in any of them. Well then the no-hitter happened and it was the perfect time to finally get it graded. My belief never wavered as I still thought it would grade out to a gem mint 9.5 and that's exactly what happened with only the corners being nicked to a 9.0. The other sub grades were 9.5 which meant the overall is 9.5.

This is my favorite non autograph card of Kershaw and with this now graded I am the proud owner of the only one that has been graded this high. Like most cards in this batch this one is not really an investment piece but just a great card that is nicely encased with a great grade.

Well that ends yet another week of BGS cards. I thought I was done with my submissions but I just received two cards that I may drop off. I might also wait a little to see if some of my Topps redemptions make it to my house prior to another batch. We shall see. Till then it was a great group of gem mints with the exception of the couple of disappointments on autographs.



No comments:

Post a Comment