Sunday, July 27, 2014

Card of the Day - 2007 Topps '52 : Andy LaRoche Autograph Red Ink Variant ( 25 / 52 )

The $3 eBay special strikes again.

I was eBay dumpster diving again for autographs of past Dodgers and came across this one of former super prospect Andy LaRoche. He had so much promise and fans expected a lot. He finally made it to the big leagues and proceeded to bomb. He was traded to the Pirates in the Manny Ramirez trade and since then has been on two other teams. He is on the wrong side of 30. Oh what could have been.

A seller had this variant up for just $2.99 and I just couldn't pass it up as it was also hand numbered. It was a traditional auction so I had to wait the week to see if I would win the card and when it ended I was the winner. A nice variant card of a prospect that didn't live up to the hype but I welcome it to my collection nonetheless.


Love the retro look


25 of only 52

2 comments:

  1. "Ebay dumpster diving". LOL. No worries, my friend. I've gone ebay dumpster diving more times than I'd like to admit myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dangerous habit when u can score plenty of deals like this one.
      Im Matthew and Im a cardoholic
      lol

      Delete