Friday, July 25, 2014

Card of the Day - 2014 Topps : Hyun-Jin Ryu Manufactured Patch Insert


Another pre-release bargain purchase was had with this patch card of our favorite Korean Dodger.

Like Kershaw and Puig in series 1, Topps did a manufactured relic card of Ryu for series 2. I saw it on the checklist when it was released a couple weeks prior to the actual set release and put it on my need list. A few days later I went on eBay to see if anyone was pre-selling it and I found a couple with this one being the least costly. Traditional auction was my plan of attack as the BIN one was asking $10 for the card.

Last day came and went and like the red foil Dodger set I was the only one to bid on the card. Won it for a few bucks and welcomed it to my every growing collection of the Korean sensation.

No comments:

Post a Comment