Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Card(s) of the Day - 2014 Topps : Dodgers Team Set In Red Foil Parallel Form From Series 2


Haren, Billingsley, Jansen and Guerreo

Series two of Topps flagship set for 2014 was recently released and as with the first series most cards are just a continuation. Whether that be inserts, subsets or just the base cards. I collect two parallels from the main Topps set and those happen to be the blue border cards and these red foil parallels.


Ellis, Crawford, Uribe and Kershaw 

I decided my plan of attack had to change for this go around. Series one I went and tried to acquire one card here, one card there and it took forever to acquire them all. The Puig alone took a good month plus to track down for an acceptable price. I am sure that they could have all been had from one seller but for some reason I didn't think of that. Duh...


Ethier, Kemp, Puig and Dee

So a week prior to the series release I went looking for someone that might have all of the red foils together as a pre-sale. Found two separate sellers that had them grouped together as a team set. One had it on a BIN auction for $12.99 with a best offer attached to it. The other seller had it on a traditional auction with a starting asking price of $4.99. Options.


Kershaw and the Beard

I went with the traditional auction to see if I could get all 14 cards for 35 cents each. That would be a bargain. Week passed and at the end of the auction I was the only one to bid on the set. With one felt swoop I acquired all my red foil needs for my set needs. Why didn't I think about doing this for series 1? Would have saved me a lot of time and suffering. Another lesson learned.


No comments:

Post a Comment