Friday, February 14, 2014

Card of the Day - 2008 Allen and Ginter : Matt Kemp Autograph

I am still not a fan of most Allen and Ginter cards ( 2013 version is good though ) as a lot of the borders have colors I am not fond of. This card also has an odd border to me but with Matt Kemp being featured on it I couldn't pass it up.

I have lots of Kemp autographs and whenever a new one comes up for sale that I don't have I keep an eye on it and see if I can acquire it at a reasonable price. With Kemp's health still in limbo his cards continue to be had at a very low price point. This card was no exception. There were 8 different bids on the auction but I won it and it didn't even hit double digits. Another hit for me. Though not visually appealing as other Kemp cards I'm still happy that I was able to acquire it.


Another Kemp for the collection

4 comments:

  1. To me one of the best Kemp autos out there, grats !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, I bough this same card at the height of its value. Not hitting double digits is great for you, but makes me sad for me. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All about timing. I think he will have a monster yr so Ive been trying to get all my auto projects of his down prior to yr. Still have at least 15 entries in the cue about Kemp to post
      haha
      Ty and sorry about the sadness.
      I too have bought Kemp cards at height to see them lose their value. I feel your pain

      Delete