Thursday, February 20, 2014

Card of the Day - 2014 Topps : Mike Trout Black Framed Rookie Reprint Insert ( 128 / 199 )

The other day I blogged about the Gold Cup Trout insert I won at more than 50% off of book but I didn't know that till after I won it as book wasn't out yet. This is another one as I won this on the same day and it also books at $40. The only difference is that I won it at almost 60% off of book. Two great buys of new Trout cards.

I saw the checklist from Topps that this insert was going to be in the new 2014 Topps set and it had two players I wanted. Koufax and Trout. I thought these looked really unique as they actually have a metal frame around it. There are three different colors of frames but I didn't need the rarest and was content with this great looking black one. Surprisingly enough there was not much action on it and I think that is because there  were a few similar auctions ending around the same time and I believe I latched onto the right auction to put my bid on as the final price was a great deal.


128 / 199

3 comments:

  1. Awesome pickup of the Trout card. I can't wait to here of anymore rookie reprints that you may have gotten. So far, I've managed to get my hands on a Kimbrel and Verlander rookie reprint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I only got this one and a Koufax that will be up in a few days. Congrats on your pickups

      Delete