Thursday, February 27, 2014

Card of the Day - 2012 Allen and Ginter : Torii Hunter Mini Framed Autograph

With this card I am creating a new category. Reacquired autographs.

In a previous post I stated that I was getting out of the autograph ball collecting for various reasons but that didn't mean I didn't want the player's autographs that were on those balls. So now I wanted to somehow get the autographs on card ( no stickers for this category ) for hopefully less than what I sell the ball for. The first autograph to make it to my doorstep is one Torii Huner.

I sold the ball online for a little under $25 after all costs were factored in. Not too bad. I happened to find this card on the same day that I was looking for Disney pins for the wife. Well with the $25 in hand I was able to buy the two pins that she desired and got this great looking black framed mini autograph from the Allen and Ginter set of Torii and had a dollar or so left over.

I always missed Torii at the stadiums so I never got his autograph in person so the pre authenticated ball was always the back up for the collection. Even though Torii is in Angel garb this is a beautiful card. My first reacquired autograph with a lot more to come.


1 comment: