Monday, February 3, 2014

Signed Ball of the Day - Matt Magill ( ROMLB Sweet Spot )


Matt Magill
Matt looking bored
Matt twiddling his thumbs.

That is what happens when your autograph partner doesn't show up on time. Matt and the autograph seekers were waiting for Ron Cey to show before starting the session. I actually snuck by security and had Matt sign the ball prior to Ron's arrival. Security didn't like it but I didn't feel like waiting and doing nothing. Matt didn't mind. 

Matt came up last year to the big league team and was below average but I think all he needs is more seasoning in the minors. On most teams he would probably slot into the 5 hole but with our club having such a deep pitching roster he will open the season in AAA with him and Fife being the most likely to be called up first if something goes wrong on the team. 

I missed Matt last year as every time he signed at the stadium I was nowhere around. Well once I saw him on the schedule for these sessions I made sure I acquired a ticket for his autograph. Matt was very nice and we chatted back and forth waiting for Ron to show up. Thank you again to Matt for the autograph and good luck to you this year.



No comments:

Post a Comment