Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Card of the Day - 2014 Topps : Sandy Koufax Black Framed Rookie Reprint ( 193 / 199 )

Oh I love it when I score a great deal on eBay due to the seller not labeling/titling his auction properly. This and tomorrow's blog post are both acquisitions because of that. First up is Sandy.

As I already had one of the framed rookie reprints in hand (Trout) there was only one left in the set that I needed/wanted. Dodger All-time great lefty Koufax. I expected I would have to spend a little as book value was set at $30 but I came across this copy with not enough proper information in the title so I made sure to put it on my watch list hoping I can snag it at the end. Minimal action with minutes left and as I put my bid in it only raised it to a little under $5. And surprisingly that is what I won it for. A great steal. A $30 card of hall of famer Koufax for under a nickel. Woo Freaking Hoo.


Black and 193 of 199

2 comments: