Saturday, February 15, 2014

Card of the Day - 2008 Bowman : Ralph Avila Autograph

Finally acquired a "Dodger" autograph that is not of an actual player. There are a few that fall into this category but this is the first one that I got my hands on.

Ralph was a long time scout for the Boys in Blue and I can honestly say that I did not know who he was when he came up on a search for Dodger autographs on eBay. I had to look him up and was educated of all the contributions he made for the team and baseball in general. Oops, my bad. I guess you learn something everyday and this was another instance of that saying.

I have seen this card for sale multiple times but the sellers always wanted at least $4 for it and considering it wasn't of a player I didn't want to spend that much. Guess I was cheaping out on Ralph here. One day a seller has this particular card up for a mere 50 cents and with shipping added to it the total was less than $2 delivered if I won it. No action on the auction and with a hour or so left I put my bid in for 50 cents. No more, no less. I won shortly there after. A unique buy for sure but still Ralph was attached to the Dodger brand so it is loved as such.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. For 2 dollars i thought why not add something different to the collection.

      Delete