Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Card of the Day - 2014 Topps : Mike Trout Rookie Class Ring Insert ( 51 / 99 )

Slowly but surely I intend to get my only non Dodger player collection up to speed.

Trout is the only player not in blue I will be collecting but since I just made that decision in the past month or so his part in my collection is lacking in cards. His cards do command the most on the secondary/eBay market so I have to pick and chose which ones I go after but I for sure wanted to get all the cards in the newly released 2014 Topps set and what better place to start than one of the big thick inserts.

This card is part of an insert set showing off star players with the year they were a rookie. All the cards come in three forms. The base silver one which is unnumbered, a gold version that is numbered to 99 and then a gold version with gems that are numbered to 25. The gem ones were and are still too pricey but I didn't want to just get the base so I zeroed in on this gold parallel.

Not too much of a dent in my Paypal account and within a few days I acquired my first 2014 Trout card with many more to come.


51 of 99

No comments:

Post a Comment