Sunday, February 16, 2014

Card of the Day - 2013 Topps Five Star : Adrian Gonzalez Base Autograph ( 144 / 333 )

My first foray into the Five Star brand which is made by Topps. This is a high end product and there is just no way I am paying for a box or case of it. The boxes run north of $350 and in that box you are only getting 5-6 cards. Granted you are guaranteed autographs but that is way too rich for my blood.

But picking up some autographs of current Dodgers on the cheap is still a possibility as this card can attest to. Other than base cards of the few Dodgers that are in the set there isn't much to look for Dodger wise, though I did notice that Adrian had an on card autograph contained in the set. I already have 2 Adrian autograph cards but one is a sticker version so I wanted to get my hands on another. This card looked great on the computer screen with its eye popping blue autograph. There was no book value on the card as it was newly released so I had to bid from the hip. Ended up winning the card at what I thought was a very reasonable price and within a week it showed up at my house. I didn't know it was going to be this thick though and had to get a bigger holder for it. Card looks better in person and I'm happy that I won it.


Nice clean autograph.


144 of only 333

No comments:

Post a Comment