Sunday, February 9, 2014

Card(s) of the Day - 2013 Bowman Chrome : Yasiel Puig Base and Blue Refractor Parallel ( 123 / 250 )

A major hit on my Puig list and at a very very big discount when compared at book price at the time of originally writing this.

I had already acquired the base Bowman Chrome Puig card in another auction but as always I'm on the lookout for blue parallels of any set that they are offered in. Bowman Chrome never fails on that front and with it always being my favorite set to collect as I am always trying to complete the blue set. Puig's base card in the set is valued at $12 and the blue numbered card is set at $100. I waited till the off season to really put my focus on acquiring it so it could be had at a more reasonable price. With the combined total being $112 I set out to see what I could get these for. I don't know what other people were doing when this auction ended but when I came out the highest bidder at a tick over 80% off of book I was beyond happy. More so when days after I saw the same blue card sold on the bay from $40-$50 and that was without a base card included. Card came in a week or so later and it looks to be in great condition. I am leaning towards having this graded. The base chrome is available for trade if anyone is looking for a copy.


Twin Puigs. Base (right) is available for trade


One, Two, Three of 2 5 0

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Good deal.
      Ill put that in your "thank you" pkg with your adrian purple, 4 victory cards. Ill send it your way this week.

      Delete
  2. Blue base looks awesome. Looks hard to get though, especially with how you said that they are selling on Ebay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. a little more easier on price now that book has dropped but season is upon us now so I think it will go back up

      Delete