Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Signed Ball of the Day - Hyun-Jin Ryu ( ROMLB Sweet Spot )

. . . and after over a week of signed balls we come to the last and the highest priority on my list at Fan Fest. Yes, I bought Wilson's session first as I thought that would draw more attention than Ryu but Ryu was the more important one to me to get my hands on.

As I struck out during Spring Training last year in Arizona and prior to the regular season I went on eBay and bought a sweet spot signed baseball of Hyun-Jin for a great bargain compared to sales now that close near $100 at times for a PSA authenticated version like the one I bought. Even with that one in my collection I am always on the look out to get an IP autograph to replace any eBay purchase of any particular player. Last June when the wife and I were in San Diego for a Dodger game Hyun-Jin starting signing for fans prior to the game and he looked at me and motioned to toss him a ball and I more than happily did. He tossed it back but he side paneled it. Ugh. I was happy for the autograph but not the placement. I sold the ball a week later on eBay for a couple of blank balls and continued my pursuit of an IP sweet spot from Ryu. It never happened for me last year.

Saw that he was going to sign at Fan Fest and there was no way I was going to miss out. This time around I put the ball in a ball jacket and hoped that he didn't move it ( Puig and Fernando do that ). It's kind of funny as fellow autograph seekers have told me that he always sweet spots for them. Guess I was an exception. Got up his station and handed him a ball and no jacket movement whatsoever and within a few seconds I finally owned my first IP sweet spot autograph of our number one Korean. Thank you again for signing.

This completes my successful  run of autograph balls from Fan Fest. I did acquire one last autograph but that is on a card which is featured in a contest running now seen HERE.


Slimmed down Ryu walking towards the table


Ryu turning right


A little drink prior to the onslaught of fans


My first and hopefully not last sweet spot from Ryu

No comments:

Post a Comment