Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Card of the Day - 2013 Topps Five Star : Paul Goldschmidt Silver Signings Blue Parallel ( 9 / 25 )

Continuing my pursuit of reacquiring autographs from all the playerss that I had a signed ball from. Next one to check off that list is Arizona's 1st baseman Paul Goldschmidt.

Even though Paul plays for the now hated Diamondbacks you can't deny his ability and production. I even met the man last year in Arizona for a signing and he couldn't haven't been nicer, even to this Dodger fan. 

Not an over abundance of non sticker choices for me to chose from but this one by far was the best looking one to acquire. Once again I was back for more Five Star goodness and hoped I could lock this in for a decent amount. And once again lady luck was on my side as this was had for a blaster box price. Card arrived a week later and like most Five Star cards one of the corners is a tad rounded. Like the few other ones I wanted graded I was not planning to have this be one of them. So no water of my back. 

Welcome back to the collection Paul. 



9 of 25

4 comments:

  1. Really nice. Gotta respect Goldy... he kills the Dodgers every time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TY. This is one of the ones I didnt grade at SB Cards. Assumed it would have gotten a 8.5 or 9.
      Contest results will be up shortly

      Delete
  2. Sweet card. I really enjoy your quest for these star autographs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TY
      The I finally received the sub grades on the Koufax one.
      9.5
      9.5
      9.5
      10
      Highly Stoked

      Delete