Saturday, March 22, 2014

Card of the Day - 2014 Topps : Hyun-Jin Ryu Base Photo Variation

Quickly approaching the end of the small project of acquiring all the photo variations of the Dodgers in the 2014 Topps set and I am now down to the last two needed to completing it. They are the two stellar rookies of 2013, Ryu and Puig. Ryu makes it into my hands first.

Book value is only $12 for the card so I assumed it would be easier than it had been to acquire the card. I lost out on auctions due to the fact that sellers ( btw smartly ) advertised it as Ryu w/Puig. With Puig being the bigger draw there was more more traffic to the auctions which in turn meant more bids. So I had to wait it out till the price was in my ballpark and I knew that would happen sooner or later.

Finally I latched onto the right auction as I won the card for a more reasonable amount than the other closing auctions of over $7-8. So with Ryu now in house I only need one more to finish off the set and wait for the inevitable variations of Dodgers in series 2 of Topps that comes out later this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment