Saturday, March 1, 2014

Card of the Day - 2013 Topps Five Star : Giancarlo "Mike" Stanton Base Autograph ( 243 / 353 )

My second of the soon to be many reacquired autographs from the selling of my collection of autographed balls. 

I looked into some older autographs of Giancarlo and while there wasn't the best of selection out there they were too high for my taste and the cards did not visually catch my eye. With some of these reacquired autographs I wanted to get a top notch ( value of the card to increase in future ) but Giancarlo did not fall into that category for me. 

I ended up selling the autographed ball of Stanton for a little over $40 after all the fees were said and done and found this card that held my interest. With 353 copies it was not limited enough that the price would be too much for me to acquire. I lost a few auctions but I was not to denied and knew I would get one at a price I was comfortable at. A few days later I won this one for a little less of the cost of a blaster. Good return value for me on the ball sale. Love these Five Star cards and this is not the last one that I acquired. Just reacquired is the holy grail for the Dodgers. More on that when it reaches my house in the next couple days




243 of 353

1 comment: