Saturday, March 8, 2014

Card of the Day - 2014 Topps : Mike Trout Base Blue Parallel ( Wal-Mart Exculsive )

The 2014 Topps set has two parallels that I am interested in acquiring. There is the red foil version which are found in hobby packs and readily available and I am working on those. Then there are these blue parallel versions that are only available in boxes that are sold at Wal-Mart. This is the first one that I was able to get my hands one. It's of the newest millionaire on the Angels, Mike Trout.

At the time of the purchase there wasn't a book value released so once again I had to bid from the hip. At the end of the day I only spent $2 delivered for a nice parallel of Mr. Trout. I thought no matter what the value is when it comes out it would be a good buy. A week or so later Beckett released prices for this blue cards and Trout was priced at $6. So I picked up a great looking card for 66% off of book. Another good purchase.


No comments:

Post a Comment