Monday, March 17, 2014

Photo of the Day and Player Appearance Recap : Ken Landreaux ( 8x10 and Bat ) @ Dr. Liu's Optometry On 3.15.2014

Ken was doing another signing appearance this past weekend and though I saw him just a couple months ago a lot has changed in my hobby habits so I had to venture out to Rowland Heights to acquire a few more autographs and to make a trade with Dr. Liu which will be featured for quite awhile due to the amount of stuff that I received from the good doctor. But first it was time to meet Ken once more.


Ken as always is a pleasant person to meet in person and this time was no different. Since last I saw him I have decided to not acquire signed balls ( with a few exceptions ) so I needed an 8x10 signed by Ken for the new part of my hobby collection. One for sure I knew I had to have but wanted another one as well.


Pointing where I would like the signature as Ken remembers once more this photo. Long time readers should recognize it as it depicts Ken and I after I and my father in law won the Great Dodger Scavenger Hunt of 2011. Ken still remembers it which is still a kick for me. So even though I had a smaller version of the photo I now have a nice 8x10 signed by Ken.


I had tickets for two more autographs so I chose two photos that Dr. Liu had for sale on a side table. The black and white one I wanted for my own collection but the color one I chose it so I can contest it out with the contest starting tomorrow.


For the personal collection.


Sorry for the blurriness. Picture for contest.

To top it off I also picked up a bat that Ken signed for me.




Once again thank you to Ken for appearing for the fans and being a great signer as always. Thank you to Dr. Liu for holding the event and I look forward to more Dodger signings in the near future.

With the signing out of the way it was time for the doctor and I to complete a trade that we had been emailing back and forth for awhile. The first of many posts ( at least 20 ) will be up later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment